As you know, the flu (influenza) is highly contagious and can be spread even after symptoms disappear. Symptoms include: high temperature (above 37.5℃), shivering, tiredness, headache, body aches, coughing, sore throat, vomiting, and upset stomach.
To prevent the spread of the flu, we kindly request that you do the following to assist us:
- Encourage healthy sleep and eating habits.
- Encourage frequent hand washing and gargling.
- Check your child’s resting temperature daily before school. (Normal range: 36 ~ 37.5℃)
- Watch closely for the symptoms above. If your child displays any, keep him/her at home and seek the advice of a medical professional.
- If your child is diagnosed with the flu, please inform the KAIS EMS Office and keep him/her at home until your doctor approves his/her return to school.