Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
Although we may not have a position currently available in your field, that doesn't mean you shouldn't apply.
We're always looking for great educators. That means people whose main motivation is not simply a paycheck or an easy work visa for their brief stint in Japan. We're a young, vibrant school with an awesome team and lots of passion. So if you're a progressive educator who cares about your craft and wants to convey that passion to others (especially the students), then we're looking for you. If you're a teacher who:
• has a certified teaching degree (full-time only)
• believes that education is not a spectator sport, but an experience that should be relevant, meaningful, and memorable
• is comfortable with a high level of autonomy in the classroom and with the curriculum
• reads sources, inside and outside of your area of expertise, in order to expand your knowledge as much as possible
• has an open mind, and is willing to adapt to a potentially different work environment (and way of doing things)
• demonstrates a passion for Japan and its culture, and is willing to be a responsible ambassador for your country and our school
• is interested in the psychology of learning, child psychology, second language acquisition, philosophy, and/or other related domains
• loves interacting with children and teenagers, but is also willing to apply discipline consistent with the school's approach
• can not only motivate students to learn, but teach them how to learn
• understands that the daily operation of a school is hard work, and is willing to put in the extra time and effort to help out beyond simply planning and teaching lessons
• can provide a criminal record check from every country in which you have worked for more than 6 months
...then email us with your CV and let us know who you are!
You must be logged in to post a comment.